The tooth restoration process can seem overwhelming; there are so many choices available to fit every budget and lifestyle but in the end, dental implants are the most highly recommended. They offer benefits of stability and bone health that are unmatched by any other replacement for missing teeth. If you have been considering dental implants in Pittsburgh, PA, but are putting it off because it seems complicated, rest assured that it is a simple 5 step process.
What to Expect When Getting Dental Implants
- Initial Consultation: During your consultation, your doctor will discuss your goals and concerns, as well as your dental and medical history. This is an excellent time to ask any questions about recovery, maintenance, cost, insurance, etc.
- In-Depth Assessment: If you seem like a good candidate for implants, your doctor will conduct an assessment and examination to ensure that you are ready for surgery. Some patients require preparatory procedures, such as gum disease treatment, tooth extraction, or bone grafting.
- Placement Surgery: Once you are ready for surgery, your doctor will make a small incision in the gum tissue and insert a titanium post.
- Healing Period: The post will fuse with the existing bone to create a strong bond, much like your original tooth root. This can take several months.
- Attachment of Restoration: After the integration is complete, an abutment and crown are secured to the post to restore the appearance and function of the tooth.
If you are missing teeth and have been hesitant to begin the restoration process, contact our office to schedule a consultation today. Dr. Michael C. Stypula is a specialist in implant dentistry and can simply getting dental implants in Pittsburgh, PA.